Facts about LED lamps
- LED lighting has an exceptionally long lifespan. It can last up to 5 times longer than compact fluorescent (CFL) bulbs and much longer than traditional incandescent bulbs.
- LED lamps have no filament, breakable glass, or moving parts making them extremely durable and low maintenance.
- LED lighting generates almost no heat or UV rays, which can help reduce air conditioning costs in your home and help keep fabrics, furnishings, and artwork from fading.
- LED lighting uses up to 80% less energy to produce the same amount of brightness as that of CFLs and incandescent bulbs.
- LED lighting uses at least 80% less energy than standard incandescent bulbs thus paying for themselves over time through there energy savings.
- LED lighting lasts 35 to 50 times longer than incandescent lighting and about 2 to 5 times longer than fluorescent tube lighting giving them a long life with low maintenance.
- LED lighting features directional light emission meaning they can direct light where it is needed. Incandescent and fluorescent bulbs emit light and heat in all directions, which is wasteful.
- LED lighting can be very compact and low-profile.
- LED lighting has an “instant on” feature which requires no warm-up time like CFL lamps.